5:15 pm - 8:00 pm
How women can shape their director career networking evening
With the registration of women on ASX 200 boards sitting at 25.3% at the end of 2016, there is still work to be done to promote a greater gender balance in our boardrooms.
This joint event initiative between Brisbane Women’s Club and AICD aims to assist women interested in developing board careers. We have gathered an experiencd panel of female board members from the private, public and not-for-profit sectors to share their tips and provide practical advice on:
- Understanding the current context surrounding board appointments;
- Identifying requisite and desirable technical and leadership skills and experience; and
- Career structuring in order to obtain board appointments.
Join us at this special event to hear how diverse group of senior women have shaped their board careers.
- Bronwyn Morris FAICD – Bronwyn is a professional Non-Executive Director whose portfolio spans the publicly listed, Government and not-for-profit sectors across a broad range of industries. She was the first female President of the Brisbane Club and is a member of Chief Executive Women.
- Rachel Hunter – Rachel is the Chair of the Board of Children’s Health Queensland and Health Services. She was formerly the Chair of QCOMP and of Legal Aid Queensland. Rachel has played a pivotel role in leading reform in public service policy and institutions.
- Carol Lewis – Carol has more than 20 years of experience as a search consultant, focusing on C-level and board assignments both locally and internationally for major listed organisations and large private corporations. Carol is also on the advisory panel for the 30% club.
- Belinda Drew – Belinda has over 20 years’ experience in the community services industry. As inaugural CEO of the Community Services Industry Alliance, she is focused on representing the value of community services industry to government and business sectors. She is also Director of Social Investment Australia.
BWC and AICD Members: $60.00
NB: In order to receive member pricing, BWC members should register by downloading the registration form below. Please be sure to tick the member box and write ‘BWC’ above and then email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This event is now sold out.
Watch out for our post event summary on Facebook.