BWC is a company limited by guarantee comprised of volunteer board members.
We are looking to nominate and elect a new board members at our AGM in February 2020.
To supplement and compliment the existing board members skills we are primarily looking to elect board members with skills in event management, digital marketing and communications and social media and or the development of an online virtual community.
We are open to discuss other areas and how they contribute to the existing board skillset.
All Board members are required to be familiar with ASIC and ACNC director obligations and the structure of a company limited by guarantee.
Organisation: Brisbane Women’s Club
Organisation Type: Charity/NFP
Position Title: Board Member / Non Executive Director
Duration of Appointment: 3 years
Remuneration: Unpaid (expenses not covered)
Industry / Sector: NGO / NFP / Other Charitable
Skills Sought: Transformation / Growth, Communications, Governance, Diversity & Inclusion, Digital Marketing / Social Media
Closing Date: Extended until Friday 6 December 2019
About The Organisation
The Brisbane Women’s Club (BWC) is a centre for Brisbane and Queensland women to exercise progressive leadership around issues of public importance for women, to support projects and organisations aimed at improving the lives of women, and to mentor and guide younger women to achieve equal participation in the social, cultural, political and economic arenas of Australian life. BWC aims to bring together a diverse group of professional women in Brisbane and South East Queensland.
Being a part of BWC provide an opportunity to actively get involved in activities and events which have benefits for women and which are of great interest to BWC members, to extend professional and personal networks with like-minded women, and to be part of an organisation that speaks out on behalf of women.
We are a not for profit and all proceeds from our events go to charities operating in this space in Brisbane and Queensland, or as part of our ongoing grants program.
1) Previous governance experience (board, committee, association etc) or the ability to demonstrate how your skills can be applied.
2) Understanding of corporate and legal structures, in particular corporate governance requirements.
2) Appreciation of the not for profit space and ASIC/ACNC requirements for directors.
3) Commitment to be a leader in the field of gender equality, women’s issues and leadership.
4) Ability to contribute to financial oversight of the company.
5) Developed communication skills including the ability to present board papers, assess risk and articulate opinions in a professional manner.
6) Time and ability to contribute to board meetings, BWC operational and planning matters and attendance at majority of BWC events in any one year, including taking an active role in some of our working committees. BWC relies upon its volunteer board to drive activities and events and to engage members.
7) Willingness to join BWC as a member for term of director appointment (3 years).
How To Apply
Email email@example.com an introductory letter explaining why you want to become a BWC Chair, your high level CV and statement addressing the Selection Criteria in no more than 5 pages.
Applications should be addressed to: Leah Stangle at firstname.lastname@example.org