We are holding another goods drive this month!
Our recent collection of jumpers for NPY Women’s Council was super successful and we want to provide more support to women in our broader BWC community.
We are supporting A Brave Life, a past BWC Grant recipient, by collecting and donating goods that they use to fill a care bag for new young mums.
A BRAVE LIFE
A Brave Life is a registered not-for-profit charity that provides a person-centered, positive approach with achievable outcomes to meet the practical needs of young women from a physical, emotional and educational perspective. A Brave Life focuses on two areas:
- Walking alongside young women, whilst encouraging them to finish their education, pursue their dreams and to live life brave.
- Providing essential baby items to young women through a baby bundle program.
A Brave Life were awarded the BWC Grant for 2019 for their LIVE LIFE BRAVE MENTORING PROGRAM. BWC also supported A Brave Life with further donated funds from our Movie Charity Night “Ride Like A Girl” in 2019.
ITEMS NEEDED TO FILL A BRAVE LIFE CARE PACK
A Brave Life now need our help to fill their care packs, with the following items:
- Shampoo/Conditioner pack (300-500mls)
- Body Wash
- Roll on Deodorant
- Hair Brush and Hair Ties
- Face Washers
- Travel Mug
- Drink Bottle
- Pocket Tissues
WHAT CAN YOU DO TO HELP
We have a few different options for how you can help:
- Buy some of these loose items in your next grocery shop (one or as many as you would like to donate);
- Buy one of each of these items to contribute to 1x whole care bag; or
- We did a shopping run and can buy 1x whole care bag for $36.95 from Coles. Donate $36.95 (or a little more) to our account and we will do the shopping for you! Did you know, BWC is registered for collections with the Qld Office of Fair Trading!?!
Once you have your goods email me, Leah, at firstname.lastname@example.org or text me at 0421 707 050 advising your name, location and phone number and that you have goods to donate to A Brave Life.One of the lovely BWC Board members will contact you to arrange collection personally (in a COVID safe manner of course).
Want to donate to our account so that we do the shopping for you! Transfer $36.95 (or a little more) to:
Account Name: Brisbane Women’s Club
Account Number: 44 053 3142
Reference: ABL Care Bags
WINDOW OF OPPORTUNITY
We want to bundle up all our goods and deliver them to A Brave Life by Monday 31 August 2020. So please contact us before the end of August to collect your goods from you or to donate your shopping money.
THE IMPACT YOUR DONATIONS MAKE
“We had a young mum-to-be turn up to the emergency department due to a domestic violence incident with nothing but the clothes she was wearing. It was so great to be able to gift a bag for mum and her baby, filled with the immediate essentials that they needed.” – Social Worker, Metro North Hospital
Enquiries are welcome – please send to Leah at email@example.com. Thanks for all your help BWC Community!